Convergence: The International Journal of Research into New Media Technologies, Sage
YouTube Special Issue: Volume 24, Issue 1, February 2018
1. Introduction: Researching YouTube.
Jane Arthurs, Sophia Drakopoulou, Alessandro Gandini
2. YouTube Channels, Uploads and Views.
3. On the User’s Side: YouTube and distant witnessing in the age of technology-enhanced mediability.
4. From Ranking Algorithms to ‘Ranking Cultures’: Investigating the modulation of visibility in YouTube search results.
Bernhard Rieder. Ariadna Matamoros, Oscar Coromina
5. Self-optimisation, Inequality and the YouTube Algorithm.
6. Crying on YouTube. Vlogs, self-exposure and the productivity of negative affect.
Rachel Berryman and Misha Kavka
7. Capitalising Intimacy: New subcultural forms of micro-celebrity strategies and affective labour on YouTube.